After months of waiting, Defra has just announced that the second round of the Countryside Productivity Small Grant scheme is now open with a deadline for applications of midday on 3rd September 2019.
Farmers can apply for funding towards the items of equipment listed in the Countryside Productivity Small Grants Scheme handbook Countryside Productivity Small Grant Scheme (CPSG) Round 2 Handbook (see Page 47 onwards).
Grants are at 40% of standard costs. There is a minimum grant of £3,000 (the equivalent of spending £7,500) and a maximum of £12,000 (the equivalent of spending £30,000). The equipment is aimed at helping achieve improvements in either:
- technical efficiency
- animal health and welfare
- resource efficiency, or
- nutrient management
Some useful information is below:
- Applications must be submitted on-line but quotes are not required as the scheme is based on standard costs and the application process is relatively simple compared with other schemes.
- If the equipment you want is not listed at Annex 3, or differs from the specifications given, it is not eligible for grant funding.
- Applicants who had a grant from the scheme last year, can also submit a new application to receive funding in Round 2; however, the total value of the grant of both applications must not be more than £12,000.
- If your claim was rejected or withdrawn in Round 1, you can also reapply in Round 2.
- Twenty six new items have been added for Round 2 and some of the specifications for existing items have been updated.
- You must not purchase any items before receiving a grant offer by e mail.
- If you are application is successful, you must buy all the items you applied for and they need to meet specification(s) listed in Annex 3.
If you need help applying, please call the Farmer Network office on 01768 868615.