Now is probably a good time to prepare for you, family members or others with in the farm business being unavailable for work
Have you thought about:
- Talking to family and or friends about the main jobs that would need to be done to keep animals healthy and the farm work on track
- Taking a photo or making a short video of some essential tasks. Recording daily tasks and timings e.g milking routines, amount of feed etc
- Training or showing another person how things are done - who usually does what jobs and the main contacts or instructions needed if someone else had to do them
- Writing down instructions in case somebody else has to do those jobs.
- Writing a list of key contacts related to the whole farm business. Some of this may be in your farm assurance folder